Custom rock wool board is widely used, whether it is industrial or agricultural, military, or civil buildings, as long as there is insulation where you can see the shadow of rock wool. In summary, the main uses of rock wool board are as follows. Rock wool board manufacturer shares for you:
★ Rock wool is mainly used for wall insulation, roof insulation, door insulation and ground insulation in building insulation, among which wall insulation is the most important.
★ Insulation of rock wool in the industry mainly includes:
a. Rock wool insulation board is widely used in tanks, boilers, heat exchangers, and other equipment with a flat surface and large radius of curvature. It can also be used for thermal insulation and fire protection of the ship's bulkheads and ceilings;
b. Rock wool glass cloth seam felt is mainly used for thermal insulation of equipment with complex shapes and high working temperature;
c. Rock wool insulation tape is widely used for thermal insulation and heat insulation of large-diameter pipelines, storage tanks, and other equipment;
d. Rock wool iron wire seam felt is mostly used for thermal insulation of tanks, pipes, boilers and other high-temperature equipment;
e. Rock wool tube shell is mainly used for thermal insulation and heat insulation of small-caliber pipes.
In addition, some developed countries produce granular rock wool, which is used for heat insulation of house ceilings and sandwich walls; at the same time, it can be used as a spraying material and coated on the surface of walls, beams or kilns, and used for fire insulation.
Custom Rock Wool Board
1. Fire resistance
The raw material of rock wool adopts natural volcanic rock, which is a non-combustible fireproof material for building materials and has natural good fire resistance.
1. With the highest fire rating A1, it can effectively prevent the spread of fire.
2. The size is very stable and will not stretch, shrink, or deform in a fire.
3. High-temperature resistance, a melting point higher than 1000 ℃.
4. No smoke or burning droplets/debris in the fire.
5. No harmful substances and gases will be released in the fire.
2. Thermal insulation
The rock wool fiber is slender and flexible, with low slag content. Therefore, the thermal conductivity is low and it has an excellent thermal insulation effect.
3. Sound absorption and noise reduction
Rock wool is an ideal sound insulation material. A large number of elongated fibers form a porous connection structure, which determines that Shida Rock wool is an excellent sound-absorbing and noise-reducing material.
The water-repellent rate of water-repellent rock wool products can reach 99.9%; the water absorption rate is extremely low and there is no capillary penetration.
5. Anti-moisture performance
Rock wool under a relatively high humidity environment, the volumetric moisture absorption rate is less than 0.2%; according to the ASTMC1104 or ASTM1104M method test, the mass moisture absorption rate is less than 0.3%.
Rockwool is chemically stable, with a PH value of 7-8, and is neutral or weakly alkaline. It does not corrode metal materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
7. Safety and Environmental Protection
Rockwool does not contain asbestos, CFC, HFC, HCFC, and other substances harmful to the environment after testing. It Will not be corroded or produce mildew and bacteria. (Rockwool has been recognized as a non-carcinogenic substance by the international cancer research authority)
When it comes to fire resistance rock wool board, it is actually essential in daily construction work. Take the dry-hanging stone curtain wall of the outer wall as an example, to introduce the construction process of rock wool insulation board embedded in it:
1. Technological process: base layer processing → measurement payoff → stone keel separation and installation → cutting rock wool board → sticking rock wool board and fixing with plastic expansion bolt → rock wool board concealed inspection and acceptance → dry hanging stone, glue application → curtainwall special acceptance.
2. Measure and release the stone keel according to the design requirements of the building exterior wall, and then install it with the stone keel.
3. Cutting and installation of rock wool board: We cut the rock wool board according to the spacing of the stone keel, and then lay it horizontally and staggered from bottom to top. Afterward, the plates were staggered and connected vertically from the corner of the wall. Rock wool boards interlock at the corners of yin and yang. The rock wool board at the four corners of the door and window openings cannot be spliced. At this time, we should use a whole rock wool board to cut and form the cut perpendicular to the board surface, and the corners of the wall also need to be fixed with the same insulation board. The upper and lower boards should be staggered, and the staggering distance is about 1/2 board length. The width of the narrow rock wool board used for embedded filling shall not be less than 150mm.
4. Rock wool board fixing: The depth of rock wool board anchor installed into the structural wall is not less than 50mm. Usually, choose 8 × 120mm plastic expansion bolts for anchoring, and use an electric hammer to drill the outer wall, the hole diameter is 12mm; the hole depth is 120mm (including the thickness of the insulation board), so that the rock wool board and the outer wall surface are closely combined. After tightening, the anchor point should be 1 to 2 mm below the surface of the rock wool board.
5. Arrangement of anchor points: Set anchor points at the four corners of the rock wool board and the middle of horizontal joints. The installation of anchor bolts has a vertical spacing of 300mm and a horizontal spacing of 400mm. The plum blossom arrangement, the corners of the base wall are encrypted to a spacing of 200mm, and they also meet the requirements of their design and related standards.
6. Rain-proof and moisture-proof measures: Before the top of the rock wool board is finished, no stone is glued on the top, we need to cover it with a plastic cloth to prevent rain from leaking inside the rock wool board.
Single anchor inspection, the standard value of tensile bearing capacity is greater than or equal to 0.3kN.
Various professional types of work should be closely coordinated during the construction, and the procedures should be reasonably arranged. It is strictly forbidden to reverse the procedures.
It should be prevented that heavy objects hit the wall and damage the rock wool insulation board, and repair it in time if found.
7. Fire prevention between floors: at the elevation of the floor slab item of each floor, a fire separation barrier between floors is set up around the wall. This is because the inner surface of the stone material of the outer wall has a gap of 200mm from the outer wall. The main purpose is In order to prevent the fire from spreading from this gap to the upper layer after the fire, the fire isolation zone between the layers is only set. The material is 1.2mm thick galvanized steel plate and 50mm thick fire insulation mineral wool board. On the top, the distance between the nails is 500mm, and the other end is fixed on the horizontal angle steel keel.
The above is the process steps of the embedded construction of the rock wool insulation board in the dry hanging stone curtain wall of the external wall. I hope this can help you.